Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things Birthday Giveaway 2014 - Part 7

Squeeee!! 

Okay, you all know that I'm really big on vitamins right? There are so many vitamin companies that I love but I have to admit to having a special place in my heart (mouth?) for my very favorite calcium bites. 

Chocolate? Lemon? Lemon? Chocolate? Decisions, decisions. Both are so very awesome and like a mini dessert when it hits my taste buds. :)

Most of you also know that I'm a huge supporter of getting the proper labs and paying attention to them.


Hopefully you know what I say about your labs in regards to your calcium level. Your blood work can still show that your calcium level is fine, even when it's not. Think of it like a bank. You have a supply of calcium in your bones and teeth so when you need a "withdrawal" and you haven't "deposited" then that's where the calcium will be coming from. Which is why your blood levels may show that everything is okay. But what happens when you have "withdrawn" calcium from your bones and teeth? Not good.

My lab work has always shown that my calcium levels are good. Then I had a bone density scan (DXA) and to my surprise I have osteopenia (low bone density) although as I said, my calcium levels are good when viewed only through my blood work.

My plan to turn this diagnosis around include weight bearing exercises and an increase in my calcium citrate and vitamin D3. 

The weight bearing exercises? Well, being honest here I haven't really done what I need to do with that but my birthday resolutions include changing that. However, the extra calcium citrate and D3? Well... that almost feels like a reward. :) 

Why? This is why

Oh my goodness! Have you had these yet? Yummy deliciousness in my mouth!
Now comes the fun part. Want a chance to win some of this scrumdiddlyumptious calcium for yourself? 

Just enter below - and don't forget to do the items that will give you extra entries. Creamy bites are worth it!! :)




a Rafflecopter giveaway

If you've missed the giveaways so far let me explain what I'm doing.

I have been blessed in so many aspects of my life so instead of receiving gifts for my birthday I wanted to share some of my favorite things with you, hoping that you may feel a bit of that blessing.

I did this last year and had a blast. It turned out that I actually did receive something. Giving to someone else and seeing or hearing their excitement is such a wonderful feeling. My blessings just continue. :)

Be sure to enter for a chance to win. The giveaways are awesome because, well, because they are some of my very favorite things! 

Good luck!

18 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! Thank you Toni for this chance. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bad and don't take any calcium :( I want to try these though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried the lemon....sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was taking Calcium Citrate minis...9 of them a day got old, so I tried UpCal D...not especially tasty, but then at least I'm not swallowing 9 pills. I'd like to try something tasty!!

      Delete
  4. I'd love to try these. Thank you Toni for the wonderful week of giveaways. And a very happy birthday week to you! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love you Toni! Am I sucking up? Yes, but these things are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so yummy! They are just so expensive...and now having been laid off, I'm pinching my pennies! How awesome of you to do a giveaway on YOUR birthday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant wait to try these i'm so late this morning almost missed your blog its all good now because i'm following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gulp down Calcium Citrate little bites, except when I have free samples from BB or Celebrate or Wellese

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these little suckers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Toni!! Hope I win, I always need help with the vites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use Celebrate hot cocoa flavored chewable calcium tablets, or citrical petites. I have also used those Indulge(?) chocolates since they are calcium citrate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only take my multi-vit. I really need to add additional calcium.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOSH....YUMMMY....taking your vitamins was NEVER this yummy before. Thanks & Good Luck All

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still love these, shared & commented on their FB site

    ReplyDelete
  15. I eat some little bears that I got for D once in a while and drink fortified OJ. I'm bad.

    ReplyDelete